[SunHELP] DDS3 Autoloader

Fletcher, Joe sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 29 11:28:42 CST 2001

Hi,

Look on www.exabyte.com for exabyte_chgr.tar

Cheers

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Marko (IMS) [mailto:smarko at ims.telstra.com.au]
Sent: 28 January 2001 02:49
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: [SunHELP] DDS3 Autoloader

Hi sunhelpers,
I have a Sun DDS3 Autoloader on one of my E250 Servers.
Without unbundled software such as Solstice Backup's Jukebox Module, is it
possible to control the autoload mechanism of this library from the command
prompt?

I want to be able to perform tasks such as;
* load tape in slot x (change tapes)
* rewind tape (can do with mt)
* see which tape is currently loaded

Alternatively, is there any open-source software which can be used to
achieve the above?

Many thanks
Simon Marko

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org

MetaPack
The Lightwell
12/16 Laystall Street
Clerkenwell
London EC1R 4PF
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7843 6720
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7843 6721
This email is confidential and proprietary;
all information contained in it must be used only by the addressee in
accordance with MetaPack's terms of business and non-disclosure agreement.
Disclosure, copying, and distribution to, or use by, anyone other than the
intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.