[SunHELP] Fast Disk I/O

ChrisBotha at CTNDDN ChrisBotha at CTNDDN
Sun Jan 28 23:09:21 CST 2001

Your best bet will be the T3.  You can connect 3 T3 Direct attacked arrays
via a PCI FC-AL adaptor (X6729A).  The T3 has an dedicated RAID 5 XOR parity
engine, which means that you achieve excellent performance with the
appropriate redundancy.

The arrays range are 163Gb, 327Gb, 660Gb.  It is populated with FC-AL disks.

Regards
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolfgang Engelien [mailto:wolfgang at hanazono.med.cornell.edu]
Sent: 26 January 2001 09:12
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: [SunHELP] Fast Disk I/O

Hi all,

I did get some money to increase the disk I/O
on an 420R (4x450MHz,4GB Ram). The objective is
to write the 4GB of Ram in a few of seconds
to some harddisk configuration.

My questions:
What is the fastest disk interface I can get for
this 420R?
How many discs can I connect though this
without having the disk interface the bottleneck?
Do I need to use multiple interfaces?
Would you recommend the Veritas filesystem?
Any other thoughts are very welcome.

Thanks,
Wolfgang

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee.  If this email is not intended for
you, you cannot copy, distribute, or disclose the included information
to any-one

If you are not the intended recipient please delete the mail. Whilst
all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and
integrity of all data transmitted electronically, no liability is accepted
if the data, for whatever reason, is corrupt or does not reach it's
intended destination.
All business is undertaken, subject to our standard trading conditions
which are available on request.