[SunHELP] Veritas Weirdness

Lund, Dennis sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 23 07:18:09 CST 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0853E.EE2CD61A

I have not seen any responses to your problem, so I thought I would send
this
in case you were still looking for a solution.

This is an interesting command, about which almost nothing is written.

syntax:  vxresize (file name) (size in gb=g or m=mb )

used to expand a file system under volume manager, it also resizes
the volume to fit the increased file system (if you should happen to
resize a volume when you should have resized the filesystem).

In the event a volume is expanded first, the filesystem will remain at
it's original size.  If this is the case use vxresize to expand the file
system to slightly larger than the volume size( even 1mb). The resized
file system will utilize all of the increased volume size.

If the file system is type ufs then the syntax to expand is:

   vxresize -F ufs (file name) ( size in g or m )

EXAMPLE:  vxresize -F ufs u05 22g <<< expand ufs  file u05 to 22g

For a vxfs file the syntax to expand is:

EXAMPLE:  vxresize -F vxvs u05 22g <<< expand ufs  file u05 to 22g

Hope this helps, or helps in the future should you need it.

Dennis L. Lund