[SunHELP] Sun4/330 or Sun4/280 Anyone ?

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 20 19:49:27 CST 2001

> I am getting a Sun4/280 and a Sun4/330 (SparcServer 330).

super cool.

> Anyone have experience of these machines that you want to share with me?

what do you want to know?  they are old, but _VERY_ cool (imho)

> Any sites / docs ?

www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc is a good place to start.  the port-sparc mailing
list will also be a very good resource both for NetBSD and SunOS 4.

> What OS did/do you run on them?

don't have those two in particular, but i have had several sun3 machines
running both SunOS and NetBSD in the past.

> Can I download SunOS for them anywhere?

you probably can't, but if you can, let me know, i've since lost my SunOS 4
tapes.

-brian