[SunHELP] Ultra 1 problems, need help badly.

Bob Minvielle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 17 21:19:49 CST 2001

We have an Ultra 1 that was moved from one location
to another. The problems begun there...

First the machine would not boot at all. Fianlly
after reseating _everything_ on the motherboard,
it boots, but now has two problems which were not
there before the move.

Problem one:
Upon boot it reports:

IDPROM contents are invalid.

After which it seems to try to boot normally
(normal in this case is from the network)
and it says this:

Internal loopback test -- Did not receive expected
lookpback packet.

Can't open boot device.

It is trying to boot from
/sbus/SUNW,hme at e,8c00000

Should I "reset" the IDPROM?? How would I do
that?? Is that the main suspicion of the ethernet
problem??

When I do a printenv it seems ok, and a test-all
only fails on the internal loopback test.

Thanks for the help...

=====
Bob (number9)
baddlci at yahoo.com