[SunHELP] static routes

Kevin Stevens sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 17 14:44:02 CST 2001

I've seen this response before, but have to ask, why wouldn't simply putting
the entries in the /etc/gateways file work?  Ref /etc/init.d/inetinit on
Solaris 8.

The one that *I* can't figure out is how to use a single default route AND
turn on ip forwarding without manually scripting it.  If you use
/etc/defaultrouter you get a single static route but no ip forwarding.  If
you use gateways with a single default entry you get ip forwarding but also
dynamic routing.  My solution is to use /etc/defaultrouter and add a boot
time script that manually enables ip forwarding via ndd, but I wish there
were a cleaner way.

KeS