[SunHELP] static routes

Big Endian sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 17 13:07:29 CST 2001

>type  route add default 192.168.10.1  <- substitute your gateway ip # for
>192.etc...
>
>then type   echo 192.168.10.1 > /etc/defaultrouter
>'defaultrouter' makes the gateway available after reboot.
>
>this link will probably help you
>http://www.solarisguide.com/articles/ART990526190705.shtml
>
>eramm

that ONLY works for ONE router that EVERYTHING gets sent to.  He
probably wants multiple routers that connect to multiple other
networks.  To do THAT he needs an init script in /etc/init.d and
/etc/rc*.d  (*=the runlevel he's using).  This discussion has been
covered before.  the init script should include commands in the form
of : "route add <network> <gateway>" and the script should be run at
each boot.