[SunHELP] RAID

Big Endian sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 17 11:56:48 CST 2001

>I am running RAID 1+0
>Thanks for your response.
>Wally
>
>>From: Big Endian <bigendian at mac.com>
>>To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
>>Subject: Re: [SunHELP] RAID
>>Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:03:27 -0500
>>
>>>Can someone help me, I just got this erorr message from volume manager.
>>>"Volume manager has discover failling disk"
>>>Failing disk
>>>------------
>>>sdess1_dg_m4
>>>sdess1_dg_m8
>>
>>Those disks are about to have a hardware failure.  What raid level
>>are you running? Do you have a good backup of your data?  Those disks
>>will have to be replaced.

do you know if those are on the main segment or the mirror segment?
If they fail the mirror segment should take over allowing you to
replace the drives without downtime.  It may be necessary to manually
switch over.  I'm not sure how to do that as my only experience with
raid is in PC hardware systems.