[SunHELP] [Q] wield problem between "tar" and Oracle startup ?

L sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 16 16:16:21 CST 2001

We have SUn Solaris 2.6 on SUN Sparc computer.  currently I have a wield
problem.  every time while "tar" backup files to tape.  the ORACLE startup
will stay in there (svrmgrl ==> connect internal  ==> startup) until
"tar" finish then ORACLE startup.  It happen on ORACLE version 7.3.4 and
ORACLE 8.1.6.  This problem is reproducable.  I guess "tar" use all
share memory and ORACLE startup procedure can NOT find any free "share
memory".  It just set in there until "tar" release the "share memory".
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.