[SunHELP] where is as

Martin A. Marques sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 16 13:26:48 CST 2001

El Mar 16 Ene 2001 07:21, escribiste:
> This was not the question. He wanted to know which Sun package
> /usr/ccs/bin/* lives in, no?
>
> There's no problems with Sun's equivilant to binutils. In fact, the GCC
> page you linked to reccomends using them. Did you read that page
> or what? ;)
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html
>
> Incidentally, the package(s) that Martin needs to install
> are SUNWsprot, SUNWbtool and SUNWtoo. Probably best to check
> out http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2/Q6.2.html
> anyway.

OK, checked the FAQs and tried lots of things, but can't compile gcc still. I
get this error:

bash-2.01# ../gcc-2.95.2/configure  --prefix=/usr/local/gcc --enable-shared
--enable-threads
Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.7 host.
Created "Makefile" in /space/pruebas/gcc2-compilo using "mh-frag" and
"mt-frag"
ld: fatal: file values-Xa.o: cannot open file: No such file or directory
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** The command '/usr/local/bin/gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
bash-2.01#

At this point I'm puzzled!

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.
Martn Marqus			email: 	martin at math.unl.edu.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina		http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar