[SunHELP] "trying to be our address" message

Tim Conrad sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 13 19:29:52 CST 2001

I'd vote it's a duplicate ip address on your network. At least, whenever I've seen that
particular message, i've found that that is what the problem is. If it isn't a persistant
thing, it's possible it's something like a laptop, or a device like a macintosh that doesn't
always have TCP active on it's ethernet port. (I suppose that one could find out who
08:00:20 is 'owned' by, but that is rarely truly helpful. Most manufacturers mix and match
cards, so it's difficult to figure out)

Tim