[SunHELP] Email replication

Jan Johansson sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 13 12:16:17 CST 2001

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 11:34:38AM +0000, Shain Miley wrote:
> I am using the University of Washington IMAP daemon.  I agree that there
> must be some software that could deliver a message to both a local
> machine as well as an additional remote one but I have not come across
> one...although I am still looking for a solution.
> Thanks
> Shain

[SNiP]

$ cat /home/foo/.forward
\foo, "|/usr/local/bin/drewl", foo at bar.com

This will drop a copy in /var/mail/foo. The \ means that this is a
real user and stop trying to find an alias for it.

Then send this mail through "/usr/local/bin/drewl".

And finally send a copy to foo at bar.com

If you want to machines to do "cross-posting" run the mail through
something (procmail comes to mind) that will add a X-Been-There:
header and not forward thoose to other machine.

And on a side note, UW-IMAP is bad news security wise as most of the
other that comes from UW (for example Pine).