[SunHELP] Graphics Options for SUN Ultra Enterprise 1

Gereon Stein sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 10 02:43:13 CST 2001

Hi @ll,

I am using a UE1 as my home server, currently with an SBUS installed
TGX card.

Recently I had the chance of acquiring a Creator3D graphics board,
which I let go away because no-one seemed to be able to tell me whether
it would work in my machine.

>From docs.sun.com I get it that there are two mainboard versions, one
with three SBUS slots, the other with 2 sbus plus a UPA slot. Funny
enough, mine is an Enterprise one and thus supposed to have
a UPA slot on the power-supply side of the mainboard. But - not knowing
that then - I plugged a HappyMeal SBUS adapter in there and it works
smoothly.

Are SBUS and UPA identical in physical layout, and only change behavior
depending on the card installed? What should a UPA slot look like?

I'd really like to get some decent graphics on that machine, because
it would allow me to dump another PC :-)

Regards

Jerry

--
Gereon 'Jerry' Stein