[SunHELP] Sparc 10 video question

Steffen Grunewald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 8 03:26:48 CST 2001

On Sun 2001-01-07 (11:37), Bob Minvielle wrote:
> I just came into possesion of a sparc 10 [...] though
> the video is not working.
>
> Upon booting you see the inital screen for only
> a second

so there is a sync signal. What happens if you press STOP-A then ?
Do you have a keyboard attached at all? If the system doesn't find
a kbd it will boot headless, put a serial terminal (9600N81) at ttya
and watch the diag messages

, and then it goes black. (I have a
> 13W3 -> HD15 converter, and no original SUN monitor)
> I am pretty sure my monitor can hang with this,
> as I had a sparc 4 plugged into it.

Different vsync rates (66 vs 76 Hz) ?

> Is there any way I can check the SBUS vid card
> from the ok prompt?? A test-all from the ok prompt
> shows no problems. I am wondering if I need a new
> vid card, or a monitor, as I do not want this machine
> to be a console based one.

cd /sbus/cgsomething
words
test-something

?

Steffen
--
Steffen Grunewald, GFZ, PB 2.2, Telegrafenberg E3, D-14473 Potsdam
email: steffen(at)gfz-potsdam.de, fax/fon: +49-331-288 1266/1245