[SunHELP] sparc20 booting woes

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 5 21:24:18 CST 2001

it just doesn't end with me, this bad luck. :(

ok, sparc20, booted before, but the ROM was passwd protected and i couldn't do
anything.  got a new NVRAM from memoryx.com, installed it, and now this happens:

SPARCstation 20 (1 X 625), No Keyboard
ROM Rev. 2.15, 416 MB memory installed, Serial #11184810.
Ethernet address aa:aa:ae:aa:aa:aa, Host ID: abaaaaaa.

The IDPROM contents are invalid

[snip]
ok boot cdrom
Boot device: /iommu/sbus/espdma at f,400000/esp at f,800000/sd at 6,0:d  File and args:
Warning: IDprom checksum error.

is this IDPROM thing a problem? a host id of abaaaaaa seems wrong to me, is
there a way to reset it somehow?

thanks,

-brian