[SunHELP] SPARCstation UltraAX problems

Stephen A. Evanchik sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 5 19:05:51 CST 2001

Hello, I have an Ultra AX with 167mhz CPU here. I have two kits of memory
for the machine but I believe one of the eight DIMMs is bad. Would the
machine still initialize hardware such as the ethernet adapter, speaker,
and the serial port if this were true? Unfortunately the DIMMs are
buffered and neither I or the local computer shop can test them (I don't
have a machine that can accept buffered DIMMs). Are there any alternative
methods to test the memory modules, short of buying 4 new memory modules?

Thanks,
Stephen Evanchik