[SunHELP] (no subject)

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 13:16:54 CST 2001

Listers,

There is a desire to use fail-over (HA) for a LDAP authenticated application
within the
organization. In my experience and knowledge, I do not know if this is actually
possible.
I would ask the SUN Cluster and Veritas Cluster Server gurus if, in fact, LDAP
is able to function in a High
Availability environment as a true fail-over (R/W) package? I realize that LDAP
has HA
built in to an extent. The problem is that the secondary/slave copies are all
read-only.
What I need is the ability to fail-over to a read-write version, not a
read-only. All

TIA,

Marc