[SunHELP] nisgrep user name-help!

Magnus Abrante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 28 12:25:34 CST 2001

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 03:35:12PM -0600, Xiaomei Zhou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to view UNIX members in a group in NIS+ table? I can view all
> groups using niscat group.org_dir but if a member belongs to a primary group (its
> default group), the name is not listed. However, the member name is listed if he/she
> belongs to a secondary group. I used nisgrep command to view the individual group.
> How can I view UNIX members in their primary groups? Is this due to permission
> restriction? Please help!

I already saw some answers to these posts, and as they pointed out its not
a permission problem.  However, if you want to view all the groups of a
user you can use the "id" command, this will show you all groups that
the user belongs to, for example id -a <user>.

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */