[SunHELP] adding another A5100 array

Dan Angolano sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 26 14:51:22 CST 2001

I am assuming you are concerned about controller numbers changing when you
flip around the GBIC's and reboot.  I have successfully changed controller
numbers out from under VxVM in the past.  My understanding of how it works
is; Volume Manager stores various volume, plex, and disk information in the
private region of each VxVM controlled disk.  This allows Volume manager to
handle changes to the underlying disk names without affecting the volumes.

If my assumption was incorrect and you are concerned about something
else...sorry. :^)

Dan