[SunHELP] Speaking of killing processes....

John Kennedy sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 16:28:52 CST 2001

Solaris 7 has a handy pkill command that will do your bidding for you...
John
--
Someday I know I will look in a child's eyes, all full of wonder and
opportunity, and say, 'Don't shoot! My wallet's in my left coat pocket!'

David Bishop wrote:

  I need to have a script go out and kill a group of processes, all with the
  same binary name.  I've figured out how to get a list of the process ids
(ps
  -ax | grep datd | cut -f1 -d" ") but don't know enough about shell
  programming to figure out how to stuff that into an array, then iterate
  through that array doing a kill -9.  Any ideas? I know this should be a
quick
  2 or 3 liner, I'm just braindead on a Friday afternoon :-)  And yes, this
is
  all standard bourne shell on a Solaris 7 Ultra60.  Not that is should
matter
  to the shell...

  TIA,

  D.A.Bishop