[SunHELP] RE: Star Office HELP!!!

arman sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 22 12:31:06 CST 2001

Try to install it as root with this command
>setup /n    (for network installation)

when you login as user run the setup again without /n, in directory where
you install it in superuser mode. Just choose user install, it takes only
1-2Meg user space. Install it in ~/staroffice directory. Then you can run it
from the staroffice script within that directory. Hope this help.

arman

*************************

Hello group,

I'm trying to install Star Office 5.2 on a Sun Ultra II running Solaris 2.6
-  I bought the CD at the store.

I installed as root.  The install went OK. I am able to run Star Office 5.2
as root - runs fine.  But - when I log in as a user, it won't work.  I get
the following error message:

-----------------8<-----------------------------------------------
/appl/Star_Office_5.2/program/sorev: No such file or directory
Please install the patch 'Shared library patch for C++ (Version 5)' or
contact your system administrator
-----------------8<-----------------------------------------------

"/appl/Star_Office_5.2"  is where I installed the software.  The "program"
directory exists.  The "sorev" file exists.  As root, I changed all file
ownerships to my userid, and chmoded the "sorev" file to 777 (because I JUST
WANT IT TO RUN!).

The patch mentioned in the error message is 105591-07.  I have 105591-09
installed on my system. So, even when I try to install 105591-07, I get the
following (in /var/sadm/patch/105591-07/log):

-----------------8<-----------------------------------------------
This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
will attempt to overwrite this package.

PaTcH_MsG 1 Patch number 105591-07 is superceded by the already applied
105591-09.
Dryrun complete.
No changes were made to the system.

HELP! Any ideas?

Regards,
Paul McCrone, Chief Forecaster
HQ Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA) Office Code: XOGM
Email: Paul.McCrone at afwa.af.mil
Phone: (402) 294-2821