[SunHELP] Microsoft Internet Explorer

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 21 18:22:44 CST 2001

i've had it with Netscape, and IE seems to be a little better.  IE is definitely
better than Netscape on the PC running Winders in my not so humble opinion, and
so i found out it exists for Solaris/SPARC and i thought i'd give it a shot.

it locked up twice the day i installed it, but i used it all day today without
any trouble.  i like it much more than Nutscrape, and so far it seems to be
reasonably stable.

so, it doesn't run on my machines at home.  here's the dealio:

work machine, works:
sparc20, dual SM71, 320MB RAM, Solaris 8, TurboGX

home machines, don't work:
sparc20, single 150Mhz HyperSPARC, 384MB RAM, Solaris 8, onboard SX
sparc20, dual SM71, 512MB RAM, Solaris 8, no video [machine above is display]

i had a stock install at home and the jumbo cluster on work, so i installed the
jumbo cluster at home on the 150 with no luck, now i'm gonna install the jumbo
recommended on the other sparc20 and see if i have any luck.

a friend reported that it didn't run for him on a sparc20 with dual SM51

thanks,

-brian