[SunHELP] Which card to buy

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 18 13:28:47 CST 2001

> If you want functionality rather than all-out performance check out the
> Matrox G450's with 32Mb and Dula-Head. Running two monitors at the same time,
> each looking at a different part of the desktop can be VERY useful.....
> N!k

i've been doing this for years on sparc hardware (as i'm sure a lot of others
on this list have) and it is one of my favorite aspects of PC vs. non-PC.  i
remember the good old days of having a VGA display with a mono-text display
dual-heading AutoCAD, but you couldn't dual-VGA, then i got a sparc box with
two GX framebuffers in it.  it was the coolest thing i'd ever seen.  i was in
love.  been hooked ever since.

it's a great way to work, but heed this warning: you will never want to go back.

-brian