[SunHELP] Need help with core dump on an E450

Michel, Walt sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 7 10:51:29 CST 2001

Can anyone provide insight into the following. I've been called in in the
middle of a situation and would like to help unwind the problem. The bottom
line is how compatible must 2 E450 systems be to backup one and then restore
to the other.

Thanks in advance.

    b.  Third attempt failed.  New dncsE450FileSystem tape, taken to media,
was to be restored to E450B.  Between step 31 and step 32, the screen
prompts to reboot the dncs.  On reboot, E450B proceeded thru boot process
until "zeroing dosynctodr"  Screen began scrolling [1]  [1] ... until panic
occurred, system dumped and rebooted.

    c.  Assuming that disk array had not synced successfully, reboot was
interrupted and system was booted into single user mode.  Backup/Restore
Floppy 3.1 was remounted and MetaOn script was run fron single user prompt.
Metastat piped to more was used over the next 90 minutes until disk array
had completely synced.  System was initalized into init 6.

    d.  On restart, E450B proceeded thru boot process with last lines as
follows:

        zeroing dosynctodr:  done!

        panic [cpu2]/thread = 0x1540032, block=21573, cp=5, fs= /var

        syncing file system  [1]  11  [1]  [1] <continues for nine
iterations....

        panic cpu[2]/thread = 0x30037 ec0: panic sync timeout.

system then core dumps. and reboots

    e.  reboot was interrupted and system brought up in single user mode.
Interfaces tested and alive.