[SunHELP] Apache questions

Martin A. Marques sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 6 15:05:04 CST 2001

El Mar 06 Feb 2001 15:13, Paul Khoury escribi:
> I recently had a hacker whom I personally know of try to browse my site,
> fortunately nothing happened.  How can I deny my whole server from serving
> him information?  I tried the deny from and allow from variables, but they
> don't seem to work in my test environment.  I have an IP address and 2
> domains I want to completely block off.

First, if a hacker came to visit my site I would let him view it freely.
Now if you're talking about crackers, then I would say that you don't have
the deny line in apache well writen or you forgot to restart the apache
server.
Any way you should think about putting a firewall to block undecent people
out there.

Saludos... :-)

P.D.: I have no idea about Solaris packet filters, but if you have a router,
block it there, or change to Linux

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.
Martn Marqus			email: 	martin at math.unl.edu.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina		http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar