[SunHELP] Newbie question....

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 6 18:03:51 CST 2001

  It really depends on what you are doing. Some tunable
parameters can have their modifications inserted into
a running kernel using tools like adb, ndd, etc...
  If you want more information on the subject of Solaris
kernels then you should check out any reference by
Adrian Cockroft (online articles, his book Sun Performance
and Tuning... all are good resources).

 -david

> Hi,
>   I need to change some parameters in the /etc/system file.  Usually I would just reboot
the system for them to take effect but I was wondering if there was another way besides
rebooting.  The system is a production system here and I really don't want to disrupt
development going on on it.  Thanks!