[SunHELP] Ultra1 170E vs 200E

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 6 01:22:53 CST 2001

I have not seen this issue addressed elsewhere, how well does an Ultra 1
170E compare to a 200E?  Aside from the slightly faster CPU were there any
other changes? Different L2 cache, firmware/rom issues? Has anyone noticed
a 200E to feel that much faster than a 170E or perhaps hasn't noticed any
difference at all?  I am considering an "E" series Ultra 1 and Creator 2D
for a desktop workstation, perhaps another one for a server. Both would
have plenty of RAM and disk. Have also been giving some thought to Ultra
2 and Ultra 30 due to the constantly decreasing going rate. Also, does the
Creator 3D offer any additional 2D performance over the Creator 2D? I
won't be using any 3D graphics, but would like decent 2D performance.

Thanks in advance.