[SunHELP] Sparc 10 advice

Bob Minvielle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Feb 3 14:54:53 CST 2001

I have a sparc 10 w/124 megs of ram, 3 gigs
of drive and an SM61. It is really an ok
machine for what I want, less the graphics.
It has a CG3 and a CG6, but the CG6 does not
work with my (PC) monitor.

My question is this: is it worth it to
get a ZX frame buffer and a monitor (which
will cost me more than the entire sparc 10),
or just get a monitor and see how the CG6
does, or scrap it as even the ZX is not worth it??

I have not seen the performance of a ZX, so I
have no clue as how it compares to this CG3
I have (although I read the frame buffer FAQ)

Oh, my monitor is a ViewSonic PT775.
I can get a Sun17 (older) for about $100,
and the ZX is about $175 (from sun sources
that I usually purchase from).

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

=====