[SunHELP] Clustering question

David McCarthy sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 1 12:11:05 CST 2001

We have a multi-server application in the works, but can't yet define
horsepower requirements.  Can anyone briefly define what the load balancing
difference is between running Sun's free Gridware, and using their Cluster
Software.  I assume their Cluster Software is for non-stop, millisecond
failover, mega-critical applications such as for banking or life-safety
industries?   I didn't see a price for it on SunStore but assume it's for
their high-end servers and expensive.  We are running Solaris 2.6 and are
more focused on eeking out all the CPU juice across several machines (2
Ultra 80's at the moment) possible from one application.

Thanks in advance!

David