[SunHELP] Reading recommendations?

Torbjorn Kristoffersen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 11:29:08 CST 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 06:20:53AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> I think I'm about to be tapped for a Solaris administration job; what
> books are good to introduce me to Sol8's tools and what to do if the
> automated tools don't work, or are removed...

I had my boss buy himself "A Practical Guide to Solaris" by Mark G. Sobell.
It's a very good book, well written and very practical, at least for
beginners of Solaris and UNIX in general. I doubt this is a book
merely for beginners, I've used it myself as a reference at several occasions.

Information from Amazon:
	Paperback - 1168 pages 1 edition (June 1999)
	Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 020189548X

Torbjorn Kristoffersen                 E-mail: sgt at digiweb.no
UNIX Administrator Digiweb Norway AS   Phone: +47-92011314