[SunHELP] Shell Problem

Naresh Narang sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 16 19:23:31 CDT 2001

Hi

  I want to set up env. variables based upon the shell a user is running, so in order to find what shell a user is using, I have to run a script in a Shell say /bin/sh. If I run it using #!/bin/sh to find user's shell, every shell behaves differently or if I use other methods to find shell then how do I use that shell to set env variable that can be read by user's shell and other statements are ignored.

Basically I want a general script that can set env variables based on user's shell syntex.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Naresh

-- Naresh