[Sunhelp] RE: SAMBA newbie - pkgadd worked ok??? no C compiler.

Brödersen Jacob K Civ ACC/DRKI sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 31 09:27:22 CST 2000

Thomas,

I would have compiled the source code, but that leads me to a previous
problem...I can't seem to get the GNU C compiler to install either.  I
played with it for weeks and have come up empty.

I downloaded the gzipped binary from www.sunfreeware.com, but once it was
unzipped, the pkgadd program would not work.  All it said is that there were
no packages to add in the directory.  I tried downloading several ways,
thought maybe it was a corrupt download or something.  It works great on my
Sparc 2, but the Ultra 7 just won't load it.

>From some of the other comments I received, I obviously have part of the
SAMBA package working, I just can't add shares and stuff.  I'll try creating
a user tonight.  I just used my standard solaris login.  I could have used
more documentation for starting it up.

Ideas...

Jake

Jacob K. Brdersen III
Principal Engineer, Sverdrup Technology, Inc.
HQ ACC/DRKI
DSN 574-1911
COMM (757) 764-1911
jacob.brodersen2 at langley.af.mil