[Sunhelp] logging

nokuc at tin.it nokuc at tin.it
Tue Oct 31 04:48:50 CST 2000

In the file /etc/init.d/inetsvc, on the last line, You can the -t flag on
inetd command.
In: $man inetd

-t        Instructs inetd  to trace the incoming connections
               for all of its TCP services.  It does this by log-
               ging the client's IP address and TCP port  number,
               along  with  the  name  of  the service, using the

SunOS 5.7            Last change: 5 Mar 1998                    1

Maintenance Commands                                    inetd(1M)

               syslog(3)  facility.  UDP  services  can  not   be
               traced.  When  tracing is enabled, inetd  uses the
               syslog facility code ``daemon''
                and ``notice'' priority level.

For the commands I don't really know,, I think that you can work whit the
.history file in the home directory of the users.
Also by editing /etc/default/su whith SYSLOG=YES you can log all the su
utilization and whith the command "last" you can see logged users and the
utilization of the su command.
HOpe this was useful, of course It's just an overview, I belivw that others
in the ML will have better advices.BY BY
Giorgio