[Sunhelp] Help reqd for SCSI errors !!

Filip Van Den Bergh sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 30 03:36:32 CST 2000

I had a simular problem, but I didn't manage to solve it yet. All I can say is that SCSI is completely backwards compatible. The controller will use the speed of the weakest component. Did you used jumpers to force SE  + narrow scsi?
At Sun, they told me that there is intelligence between the externe scsi connecter and the intern cable of the multipack. Although I don't think that's the problem. What you can try, is to use an other 68 pins intern multipack with a 68 to 50 pins cable. Normally, that should work!

Hope you find a solution,

Filip

>>> "shivraj yadav" <shivrajyadav at hotmail.com> 10/27 8:24 pm >>>

Thanks for your suggestions .....

My SPARCSERVER 1000 had normal 50 pin SCSI HDD's with  the same cable in the
external shoe-box. Then we replaced them with higher capacity HDD which came
... i guess in Ultra SCSI format, i.e they were with miniature 68 pin
connector.
So the cable being the same i.e 50 pin, i used a 68 pin - to - 50 pin
converter, to attach the cable to the external HDD.
is this arrangement the cause of these errors ? Will there be any problems
bcos of the 50 pin SCSI cable & the 68 pin HDD with the convertor ????
Do i have to change the cable to Ultra SCSI cable ????
Please do lemme know ......

http://profiles.msn.com.

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org