[Sunhelp] Re: Disk mirroring

Brian Hechinger wonko at entropy.tmok.com
Fri Oct 27 12:21:04 CDT 2000

> What is the best way to do disk mirroring in a system having
> two hard disks with out using veritas etc.Right now all the data is on one
> hard disk and seconf hard disk is not used( Not formatted).

Solstice Disk Suite comes free with Solaris these days.  use that.  it's
pretty easy to setup, although the docs at docs.sun.com are really confusing
and make it harder than it should be.  it's pretty intuative if you use the
GUI (metatool), so if you poke around for a while you should be able to
figure it out.

> Are there any good information web sites for disk mirroring.

i haven't really looked, i use SDS all the time.  (unless Veritas is a better
idea, then i use that)

Would i be terribly out of line if i asked everyone on this list to stop
sending HTML?  i use elm to read my mail, and it makes it a sorta painful
experience having to dig through all that crap.

thanks!!

-brian