[Sunhelp] (no subject)

Balaji N balaji_iii at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 10:21:31 CDT 2000

Hi

I have attached A1000 to E5000 Server where solaris 2.7 is running. I am
having Raid Manager 6.1.1 running on that. I need to clarify one thing.

I have created Luns on A1000 and created filesystems/partitions and using
it. No problem.
When iam using a ps -ef | grep osa command

iam seeing the following raid daemons running

/usr/lib/osa/bin/arraymon
/usr/lib/osa/bin/parityck -aqf

We are having couple of 2.5 server running  where array a1000 attached.
when i have used the same ps command there i am seeing the driver daemon
running on that like

/usr/lib/osa/bin/arraymon
/usr/lib/osa/bin/rdaemon 33 148
/usr/lib/osa/bin/rdaemon 33 148
/usr/lib/osa/bin/parityck -aqf

is this two daemons should run (rdaemon) on my solaris 2.7 machines too??
Pls. clarify. What are all the problems i may face...

Thanks

Balaji