[Sunhelp] SunPCI & NT remote display problem

Patrick Pangaud pangaud at in2p3.fr
Wed Oct 25 03:20:36 CDT 2000

Dear SunPCI development Team or anyone,

We bought in spring, two Sun ULTRA-10 with SunPCI card AMD 400 MHz. We
would like to configure a remote access to these cards between ULTRA-10
and some different stations on our laboratory (ULTRA-1, ULTRA-30, TX,
Sparc2...).
So, I installed the same Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and
Service Pack 4 in each ULTRA-10. At this point, the local display works
but not the remote display on the same machine type (ULTRA-10). I
upgraded the Service Pack to 5, and the remote display have been worked.
Then, I installed Communicator 4.7 in French and I lost my remote
display again.
I think, we may have some problems with emulated fonts from SunPCI and
Windows NT + applications.
Do you know this problem, and can you explain to me fonts operations for
SunPCI and functions and syntax for the SunPC.ini file ?

(The remote display doesn't work on TX and Sparc2 some is the Service
Pack versions. I think we have the same fonts problems and perhaps
memory problem)

Any help very much appreciated

Thank you

PS : What's about the nt_beta at naught.east.sun.com ?