[Sunhelp] apology

Henry Buford III henry.buford at veritas.com
Mon Oct 23 13:44:27 CDT 2000

Hello all,
	I would like to apologize for my apparently misleading
auto-signature.  Although I do work for VERITAS Technical support, I do not
work with, nor have I ever seen any of our Solaris products.  Please do not
misconstrue my inability to help you as a failure on the part of VERITAS.
It is not that I do not _want_ to help you, I simply have absolutely no
expertise with our Solaris Products.  If you need help from VERITAS, you
should email support at veritas.com.  Since I actually have no experience with
Volume Manager or any other Solaris product, if I am able to help you, it is
only because you did not take the time to visit http://support.vertas.com
yourself.  We have a public database of known problems and solutions.  I
would recommend that everyone look here before asking questions anywhere
else.  It could save you many headaches.  (If you haven't purchased a
support contract, it could save you some money.)  I am a newbie to Solaris
and as such, I have very little experience. Since I am learning Solaris on
an Intel machine, I cannot install any VERITAS products on it.  (In other
words, I won't know anything about our products any time soon either.)
Please do not direct your questions about VERITAS products to me.  (Unless
of course you have questions about NetBackup Professional for NT.)  Thanks
you.

Henry Buford, III
MCP, MCP+I, MCSE
VERITAS Software