[Sunhelp] Getting price quotes on used suns for likely local sale

Wingate, Steve [IBM NON J&J] SWingate at NEUUS.JNJ.com
Thu Oct 19 16:10:07 CDT 2000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C03A10.F524C7D0

I would go to Ebay and list the 'closed item' auctions for Sun hardware. I
do find the final prices there to be much much lower than those of used
hardware resellers though. Personally I consider the Ebay prices 'fair'
whereas resellers tend to want near $2,000 for an SS20, 64MB, 4GB disk...I'd
sooner buy a new Ultra 5 for that kind of money.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam McDougall [mailto:mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 1:39 PM
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: [Sunhelp] Getting price quotes on used suns for likely local
sale

Hello, does anyone know any good resources to use for estimating
reasonable resale prices for used Sun computers?  We have a bunch of
ss20s, 10's, 4's, 2's, and a few IPX we would like to sell, most with
monitors.  I assume local sale would be preferred to save hassle in
shipping, but we might consider ebay or another dealer if the price is
right.  These computers have various size ram and hd's and probably cpu
speeds too so a resource explaining the difference in resale price of 64mb
versus 128 or 96 or 32 would vary, as well as with various hd sizes.
Thanks.

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org

------_=_NextPart_001_01C03A10.F524C7D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2651.75">
<TITLE>RE: [Sunhelp] Getting price quotes on used suns for likely local =
sale</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I would go to Ebay and list the 'closed item' =
auctions for Sun hardware. I do find the final prices there to be much =
much lower than those of used hardware resellers though. Personally I =
consider the Ebay prices 'fair' whereas resellers tend to want near =
$2,000 for an SS20, 64MB, 4GB disk...I'd sooner buy a new Ultra 5 for =
that kind of money.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Adam McDougall [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu">mailto:mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu</A>]</F=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 1:39 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: [Sunhelp] Getting price quotes on used suns =
for likely local</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>sale</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hello, does anyone know any good resources to use for =
estimating</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>reasonable resale prices for used Sun =
computers?  We have a bunch of</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>ss20s, 10's, 4's, 2's, and a few IPX we would like =
to sell, most with</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>monitors.  I assume local sale would be =
preferred to save hassle in</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>shipping, but we might consider ebay or another =
dealer if the price is</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>right.  These computers have various size ram =
and hd's and probably cpu</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>speeds too so a resource explaining the difference =
in resale price of 64mb</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>versus 128 or 96 or 32 would vary, as well as with =
various hd sizes.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT =
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>SunHELP maillist  -  =
SunHELP at sunhelp.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/sunhelp" =