[Sunhelp] Sun Type 6 keyboards

patl at Phoenix.Volant.ORG patl at Phoenix.Volant.ORG
Wed Oct 18 19:27:24 CDT 2000

On 18-Oct-00 at 12:54, Greg (gonufer at yahoo.com) wrote:
> > I like the
> > style of the keyboard but obviously I can't use USB on a SPARCstation.
>
> Just on the newer ones.  But you can use the non-USB Type 6 on the older
> ones.

You might be able to use the USB keyboard/mouse on PCI-based systems.
Most cheap PCI hub cards seem to be supported, at least under Solaris 8.
(Let's hear it for standardization!)  The question would be whether your
OpenBoot PROM and your OS are new enough to handle them.

-Pat