[Sunhelp] suggestion needed

Sk sanjeevjha at sunguru.com
Wed Oct 18 14:33:00 CDT 2000

Hi All,

I am new to administration specially for bigger system.
We bought a Sun E250. With that we got DiskSuite 4.2.1.
In this server, I have 3*36 GB disk. I am using 1st disk for root, usr, /home etc and reserver 2nd disk for /data (user's data coming over network), and 3rd disk for fail-safe of /data.
Every disk has slice 7 of 11mb available keeping in mind about Disk Suite RAID 5 configuration.
I did also purchase StoreEdge Network Data replicator(SNDR) and StoreEdge Instant image(SII)(did anyone use this before ?) recently.

Here I am confused now. Need your suggestion. Need not to give command lines, only let me know what should I use and how ..so that I can protect
1> boot partition ( / and /usr ..)
2> /data (c0t8d0s0)
I have c0t9d0s0 free for all these.
I have Disk Suite, SNDR, SII, rsync installed on this machine.

Thanks in advance,
sem