[Sunhelp] Printerconfig: BULL Compuprint 4/54 at Enterprise1000 (SunOS 5.4)

Ballweg, Christian cballweg at wilma.de
Tue Oct 17 09:45:34 CDT 2000

Does anybody have experiences in configuring a Bull Matrix-Printer
(Compuprint 4/54) to work with SunOS 5.4.
As I've seen there is no support from Bull for Sun/Solaris.

The printer was connected to a Bull-Machine DPX/2200 running B.O.S.
I've additionally found the scripts under /usr/spool/lp/ at this machine -
does anybody know if these are equal to scripts found in
/varspool/lp/admins/lp/printers?

Sorry for this confusing question, but i'm still looking up the differences.

ANY help is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Chris