[Sunhelp] 2.5.1 + patch clusters + SS4 = no Openwindows?

Dark Age dark_age_ at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 11:00:36 CDT 2000

Here's the situation:
SS4(actually a Netra i4) with Solaris 2.5.1 useing built in frame buffer. I
decided to use this machine as my mail server, I dropped the Recommended and
the Y2K patch clusters on it before opening it up to the big bad Internet.
After applying the clusters, Openwindows will completly bottom out on me
after a minute or so and drop me back to a command line login.

Does anybody know of an issue with one of the patches in either of those
clusters that has a problem with the built in frame buffer of the SS4 or is
it some thing completly different? Where would I start to look since I'm not
getting a core file?

TIA
Chad A. Chance
dark_age_ at hotmail.com