[Sunhelp] Downloaded Patch was .zip

Glover, Duke duke.glover at verizon.com
Mon Oct 16 10:12:09 CDT 2000

Here's a question:

Why would a Solaris_7_Recommended patch have a .zip extension ?  I
downloaded this patch from SUN's site.  I would think it would be something
like .tar.gz.  How can I unzip a .zip on Solaris.  My solution was to FTP it
to a PC, use WinZip to unzip it, and then FTP the files back to the SUN box.
This cannot be the way it is supposed to work.  Can anyone tell me what
program I need to use to unzip a .zip file on Solaris 7.  I have looked at
the gzip man pages, but see no reference to a .zip file.

HELP,

Duke Glover
desk = 813-978-5682
page = 888-510-6042
duke.glover at verizon.com
Verizon / Enterprise Information Protection Services