[Sunhelp] Serial Console Sol/2.6 Problem

roneym at rio.matrix.com.br roneym at rio.matrix.com.br
Sun Oct 15 23:50:32 CDT 2000

I have an Enterprise 220 with original Solaris 2.6, working by serial
console cable. All worked well by console, at 9600 bps.

It does not have video cards.

After "patching" it with last patches release, the serial console
conection does not receive bytes from a laptop, for example. The boot
and login screen appear on the laptop TERMINAL program, but has no key
effect, neither the "break" key.

I have already tested the serial with TIP utility, and it (the serial)
is working well.

I think that Solaris has some "trick" to enable normal console
operation. Or may be a "bug" ???

Can someone help me ?
Thanks
Roney