[Sunhelp] Problem with new install of Solaris 7 on IPX

David Rouse david at rouseworld.org
Sun Oct 15 17:44:23 CDT 2000

I've got an IPX with a 2.3 ROM that I have previously installed Solaris 7
on. I recently got a 2 GB drive, formatted it (it had been in a Mac) and
installed Solaris 7 on it.

When it boots I get the following messages:

Boot device: /sbus/esp at 0,800000/sd at 0,0:a File and args:
boot cannot find misc/krtld
boot error loading interprter (misc/krtld)
elf32 read error
boot failed

I'm pretty sure I installed just 32bit support and the disk is there, I can
boot from the CD and mount it. I even tried running the installboot
procedure myself, but I get the same error message. There are no other SCSI
devices except the CD-ROM drive, which is set to ID 6. Does the boot disk
*have* to be ID 3?

Any pointers as to where to look for troubleshooting?

Thanks for any help.

--
drouse