[Sunhelp] Craig Dewick vs Sun...OT

Eric Randall randall at csonline.net
Sat Oct 14 21:38:01 CDT 2000

Sorry if this is off topic.  I'm just a sun learner.  I don't know 1/100th of
what most of the people on this list do, but this site is the most valuable
sun resource I've seen, and its enabled me to do things with nothing(nearly)
.  Craig Dewick's site is a great resource as well.  It's the reason I'm
sitting here with a 690MP running Solaris 8 in a 4/330 case.  If sun didn't
want this sort of thing to be going on, then they should have built shit.  But
where would they be today if they had?  Interesting question.  Sun's
commitment to making something well 5 and 8 and 12 years ago is the reason
that people like me can have 100 dollar computers today that they can use and
learn from using (I know that one can learn  from using wintel, but really...)
and know that the machines will keep on running.  I see some real populist
potential in all of this, Jonny Sparcinseed and such, but that involves the
philosophical which is truly an OT realm.  OK, that's my two cents worth.
Later.

Eric