[Sunhelp] Netra T-1

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Thu Oct 12 10:47:59 CDT 2000

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Reagen Ward wrote:

| Anyone have experience with the Netra T-1 boxes?  I'm considering using a few
| in an FTP infrastructure revamp, but have yet to hear ANY reviews or comments
| on the boxes.  I'd be running Sol7 (trusted, if possible on that hardware).

They're super boxes.

What I like most is that the two internal hard drives it holds can be
removed by just removing the front face plate (so no need to turn
off/derack), dual ethernets, and the "Lights-Out
Management" (LOM) function in the PROM.

For even more reliability, I would take the two internal drives, and
mirror them together using DiskSuite.

/dale