[Sunhelp] Sun Ultra 1

Muhammad Harisun (EID) Muhammad.Harisun at eid.ericsson.se
Tue Oct 10 20:24:17 CDT 2000

I am a newbie on SUN and Solaris, previously I am on HPUX platform, and I
got one Ultra 1 Creator Ultra Sparc 167 MHZ Sun server in place.  currently
I 've been assigned to check wheter this server could be installed with 2.7
Solaris.

the root password forgotten and have no media kit in place,

when I am trying to boot in single user mode still questioning the root
password.

Question :

1. Is there any otherway to break the root password if we have no CD media ?

2. WIth the machine mentioned, Is it possible to install Solaris 2.7
    ( Curretntly OS installed SUNOS 5.5.1 )

Please anybody have hint on this, reply me