[Sunhelp] Normal Keyboard on Sparc??

Magnus Abrante magnus.abrante at sweden.sun.com
Fri Oct 6 12:56:23 CDT 2000

> I'd rather have the exact opposite - an adapter that would let
> me use a Sun (unix layout) keyboard with a PC.  (I really like
> the Left function keys; and having ESCape in a convienient location.
> But most importantly, the idiots at IBM that layed out the original
> PC keyboard didn't seem to understand that CTRL is a shift key
> that needs to be convienient to the little finger; and that CAPS
> LOCK should be off somewhere where you won't hit it by accident.)

I had a paper which explained how to construct one, but i lost it :)
Its not all that difficult, i guess you can find it if you just do a
query on google or such..

Then there is an easier way, the Sun Rays and Ultra III has USB keyboards..
so if you have a PC with an USB port... :-)

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */